Calvary Elementary School’s SBDM council has started the principal selection process. The following 10 criteria or principal traits were developed by the council to use throughout the selection process. We would like to gain your input to help us determine which are the most important for our school community. Please respond to the following questions:
1. Believes in and understands developmentally appropriate instruction and continuous progress for all students.
2. Understands the connection of school culture to student achievement.
3. Believes in and will support adjusting instructional practices to meet various student-learning environments and also promote student empowerment, self-control, and self-discipline.
4. Welcomes input and will be a model of good communication among all the stakeholders of the school community.
5. Treats all people with respect and dignity
6. Builds personal relationships with students, families, and staff.
7. Believes in the potential that everyone can be a leader.
8. Fosters a growth mindset and creates a goal-oriented continuous improvement culture.
9. Is an instructional leader possessing knowledge in curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices.
10. Has integrity, people-building skills, and follows up on what he/she says they are going to do.
Click to take survey