FRYSC Advisory Council Meeting
August 15, 2013
Van Gadberry Gayla Kellly
Benji Mattingly Sister Judy Pope
Buffy Mann Alan Mattingly
Linda Robbins Patricia Thompson
Danny Mc Fall Becky Clark
Kim Wright Jessica Smith
- Welcome. Meeting called to order at 6:00 p.m.
- Budget/Munis report reviewed. Corrections to amended budget and vote on purchase of new computer for center will take place at a special meeting next month. Date pending.
- Coordinators Report. Van Gadberry introduced himself to the Advisory Council members and informed them of all of the different trainings that he had attended during the summer.
- Needs and Activities. Summer Fun budget needs to be revised. Seventy-five bulk hours of counseling have been contracted through Communicare for the 2013-14 school year. May be used individually or in a group setting. Hours used where needed.
- Unfinished Business. By-Laws will be reviewed and voted on at special meeting next month. Date pending.
- New Business. Continuing programs include Summer Feeding Program, Backpack Program and donations to Goodwill designated for WMES/SCMS needs. Suggestions included new implications for people in need. EX. Fill out and application. Backpack program. Letters to all students as opposed to teacher recommendations. Goodwill donations can be turned in at Resource Center. Have a donation day/event.
- Announcements. US Bank or Loretto donated school supplies to WMES. Next regular meeting scheduled for October 17, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at SCMS library.
- Motion to adjourn at 7:16 p.m. made by Becky Clark, seconded by Gayla Kelly.