A Little About Me...
When I was 4 years old, I told my mother that when I grew up I was going to be a teacher. Being that I had never stepped foot in a school, I can't begin to tell you how I knew that. The only thing I can tell you is that I knew from a very early age that God had planted that desire in my heart, and I worked very hard to get where I am today.
- 1999 graduate of Washington County High School
- 2001 graduate of St. Catharine College
- 2004 graduate of Campbellsville University with bachelor's degree in Middle Grades ELA/social studies
- 2006 graduate of Eastern Kentucky University with master's degree in Leadership
- 2011 National Board Certified Teacher
In the classroom, I hold high expectations for students both academically and behaviorally but try to have fun at the same time. To be honest, middle school was the few years when I struggled the most as a student. I truly believe that was why I chose the Middle Grades as my area of certification... my second chance to turn those struggles into something positive for my own students!
Besides being an ELA teacher, I am also a wife and a mother. My husband, Wesley, is a full time farmer for Wright Family Farms and partner in Wright Bros. Farms LLC. My two little farmers, Isaac (7) and Owen (5), keep me on my toes and never let a dull moment pass!