Mrs. Amy Newton-Director
Serving ALL Glasscock & Calvary Families
M/T/W/F at Glasscock (270)692-2779
Th at Calvary (270)692-3676
- WHAT IS THE GLASSCOCK & CALVARY FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER (FRC)?
Family Resource Centers were established through the Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA) to create a bridge between the school, community and the family. The Center is available to meet the needs of the families within the school in order to enhance success of students in the classroom.
- WHO CAN USE THE GLASSCOCK & CALVARY FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER (FRC)?
ALL Children enrolled in Glasscock & Calvary Elementary Schools and their families can receive services. Some specific programs have special requirements for qualification.
- WHAT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY THE GLASSCOCK & CALVARY FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER (FRC)?
Referrals to community, social & health agencies
Access to health and psychological services for children and families in crisis
Assistance with provision of basic needs
Feeding America (Backpack Program)
and MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!
Will Provide Information Concerning:
- Education Connection: (Adult learning opportunities, GED classes, parenting skills training, self esteem classes and more.)
- Health Connection: (Direct you to appropriate health care and assistance)
- Employment Connection: (Employment counseling, training and placement. Summer and part-time job development is available for teens)
- Counseling Connection: (Drug and alcohol abuse, family crisis, and mental health counseling; free assessments and evaluations will be provided)
- Recreation Connection
- Other assistance will be provided as needed. Your child's well-being and your family's success is our primary goal!
FRYSC Mission Statement:
To enhance students' ability to succeed in school by developing and sustaining partnerships that promote:
- Early learning and successful transition to school;
- Academic achievement and well-being; and
- Graduation and transition into adult life
The Kentucky Division of Family Resource and Youth Services Centers in the Cabinet for Health and Family Services shall establish the national standard of excellence in the provision of school-based family support.